Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Day that I couldn't predict

Current Conditions:

Temperatures: 3° F
Wind Chill: Feels like -9° F
Wind: 7 MPH NW
Dew Point: -5° F
Precipitation: 0 inches in the last 24 hours

Today was a chilly one to wake up to. I got up at 5:30 AM to work the front desk of my building and the cool gusts from the front door were nearly unbearable. And not only was it cold, but I was wrong again about the sky cover! It is yet another overcast day even with what appeared to be a high pressure system above us. Then when I finally had to leave the building I was confronted with a cold that we haven't seen the likes of for at least a week. Remember to take what I say with a grain of salt since I try to stay inside whenever possible.


The technical weather update for the day is overcast and cold! The high pressure system in our region appears to have dissipated or something of the sort. We currently have no strong pressure system in our region. It would appear that we are below a front between a low and high pressure system. The weather channel says that there is a 20% chance of snow this afternoon.



Looking at my forecast from last night....to say the least, I was not in the zone. I did a terrible job of predicting the conditions minus the temperature. I think that I may need to learn a little more about what creates an overcast sky in order to better evaluate the sky.


I predict that tomorrow will still be cloudy and cold. The winds are currently coming out of the NW which will bring us more cool air, but it would appear that there is a westard shift in the wind from last night. Maybe warmer air coming our way in the near future? I sure hope so! I think that the temperature will stay below 10° F tomorrow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment