Monday, January 27, 2014

Only in Wisconsin...

Current Conditions:

Temperature: -1º F
Wind Chill: Feels like -35º F
Wind: 15 MPH
Humidity: 55%
Precipitation: 0 inches in the last day

It is frigid! Today's forecast can only be described as Ice cold. The only redeeming factor of the day is the fact that it is sunny! The wind is gusting out of the NW and is unbearable. The temperature is very chilly but that pesky wind is making it feel like even worse.



The weather channel's forecast for today is party cloudy, but becoming clear as the night goes on. It will also become extremely cold with temperatures dropping down to -25º F. There is also a slight (10%) chance of snow/precipitation tonight.




My predictions from Friday for the weekend were wrong in some aspects, but right in others. The Jet stream definitely shot a lot of cold air into our region, but it wasn't as overcast as I imagined it being. I think I need to learn more about pressure systems in order to give a more accurate weather reading.



I think that tomorrow will be clear like today, but really cold again. There is a high pressure system over our area and that seems to be associated with clear skies, so I think that they will continue to be open tomorrow. I think that it will continue to be cold too due to the winds coming from the north.

No comments:

Post a Comment